Looking for places in Cape Town to shop for Christmas gifts, enjoy a Christmas feast or party 2018 away? Here are some fun ideas.
Curated Christmas Markets
- The Secret Garden Market Christmas Affair in Constantia on 1 December will showcase over 80 of Cape Town’s finest traders. With ample seating, live music, a supervised kiddies area, gourmet food and drink, boutique fashion, homeware, jewellery, beauty products and much, much more – it’s the most fun you’ll have Christmas shopping this season.
- Situated on the stunningly scenic and historic Lourensford Wine Estate, the Lourensford Market appeals to all the senses, with its sprawling lawns, majestic trees and everything from delectable food, uniquely handmade wares and original art. The Christmas/Festive Market for 2018 will be held here from on Friday 30 November to Sunday 2 December.
- The Fab Ideas Indoor Christmas Gift Fair in Kommetjie from 14 – 17 December offers daily activities for the family and a wide variety of unique products.
Scrumptious Christmas Lunches
- For a seaside Christmas treat, make a booking at the Azure Restaurant and the Atlantic Terrace Marquee at the 12 Apostles. Here you’ll indulge in a three-course buffet-style menu with spectacular views out over the ocean.
- Treat your loved ones to a Winelands Christmas in Franschhoek at Grande Provence Heritage Wine Estate. Eat, drink and be merry with a six-course feast of Chef Guy Bennett’s modern South African flavours.
- Bring the entire family for Christmas lunch at The Conservatory at The Cellars-Hohenort in Constantia. In this beautiful and charming location, guests will be served a steady stream of mouth watering dishes with family-style sides for the table, creating a home-away-from-home Christmas feeling.
Fabulous New Year’s Eve Parties
- In the city centre, HQ and Roast & Co. will be transforming Heritage Square into an all-white wonderland, with themed drinks, dinner and festivities afterwards. Wear your best all-white and heavenly-inspired outfits.
- If you’re looking for something more dramatic, catch the last sunset of 2018 on the RED Roof at the Radisson Red in the new Silo District at the V&A Waterfront The #PartyInTheClouds celebration starts at 6pm with live singers and a DJ later in the evening and includes a seafood feast.
- Ever had a summertime new year’s party in a vineyard before? Join “The Frenchman” DJ Rene, as he takes over Cape Point Vineyards and keeps the party going into 2019. The Grand South NYE party will be a disco theme, with prizes for best dressed.